Bangalore, 1 February 2019 – An Ethics in Sports Roundtable was held on 31st January 2019 at The Art Of Living International Centre, Bangalore to discuss the status quo in the current sports world and to define ways that bring sports to to the heights that it deserves in India and internationally, in a manner which represents the true spirit of sports.
- Mr. Inge Andersen, Former Secretary General, Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee and Confederation of Sports; Senior Consultant
- Ms. Bopiah, Executive Director – Go Sports
- Mr. ChristophDaum, International Soccer Manager
- Mr. Christoph Glaser, Managing Director, World Forum for Ethics in Business
- Pullela Gopichand, Indian Badminton icon an current National Coach for the Indian Badminton team
- Dr. Monika Griefahn, Former Minister, Germany; Advisory Board Member, World Forum for Ethics in Business
- Mrs. Rajita Kulkarni, President, World Forum for Ethics in Business
- Mr. Ravi Pai, Managing Director, Century Real Estate
- Mr. Ewald Poeran, Managing Director, World Forum for Ethics in Business
- Mr. Pranav Premnarayen, Prem associates (owner) & Football legends cup
- Mr. Niels Röine, Former CIO, Norwegian Olympic Committee
- Mr. UditS heth, Founder, MD Transtadia
- Mr. Kurush Sidhwa, Co founder of Shape sports and fitness solutions
- Mr. Prabhat Sinha, (Founder, Mann Deshi Championship)
- Mr. Petter Syverud, Managing Partner, Ekstenso AS
The keynote address was given by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, founder of the World Forum for Ethics in Business.
To further help advance the sports in India, a white paper will be developed, focussing on the accessibility and infrastructure of sports in India.
As a follow-up to the roundtable discussion, a 2-days conference on ethics in sports is now planned to be held in Bangalore in winter 2019.