In addition to promoting the cause of ethics in business through various dialogues and multi-stakeholder conferences, the World Forum for Ethics in Business (WFEB) regularly convenes the World Youth Forum to actively engage young minds in this cause.
The WYF creates an open platform for university students (Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D.) and young professionals from across the globe to voice their message to the world’s top decision makers in today’s global environment, and to the world community at large.
The Forum comprises of a 2.5-day holistic leadership-training workshop for selected youth. The workshop includes the following:
- Engaging youth from diverse backgrounds in an inter-cultural dialogue;
- Learning time tested and state of the art self-management methods that help students and young professionals live and deliver their potential in the demanding, multi-cultural 21st century global village;
- Interacting with global leaders from various disciplines;
- Participating in state of the art research projects designed by world renowned academic institutions;
- Students presenting the findings of the workshop at the larger WFEB conference scheduled immediately after the workshop (the ‘Call of the Youth’).
World Youth Forum 2017 (23-25 June 2017)
This year, the WFEB partners with the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition (MPI) and the Peter Löscher Chair of Business Ethics, Technical University of Munich, for the WYF 2017 scheduled to take place from 23-25 June 2017 at the MPI, Munich. WYF 2017 will take place just before the 1st Ethics in Innovation (EII) Conference. The theme of the WYF 2017 is linked to the theme of the EII conference and is titled ‘Understanding and Promoting Ethics in Innovation in the 21st Century Global Village’.
(In alphabetical order)
Ms. Yvonne Feri, Member of the Swiss National Parliament
Mr. Andreas Förster, Managing Partner, Albert und Förster Consulting
Dr. Prabuddha Ganguli, CEO, Vision IPR and MHRD IPR Chair Professor, Tezpur University, Assam
Mr. Christoph Glaser, Managing Director, World Forum for Ethics in Business and CEO, TLEX Ltd.
Prof. Dr. Heinz Goddar, European and German Patent and Trademark Attorney
Ms. Doreen Hegemann, Strategic Consultant, Expert in Future Leadership and New Work. Honorary member of the board of EWMD (European Women’s Management Development International Network)
Dr. Mrinalini Kochupillai, Program Director, Senior Research Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition
Ms. Rajita Kulkarni, President, World Forum for Ethics in Business; President, Sri Sri University
Mr. Arul George Scaria, Assistant Professor of Law and Co-Director, CIIPC
Mr. Michael Steiner, German Ambassador to India (ret.)
Mr. Magne Vikøren, Former Chief Communications & Marketing Officer, Lillehammer 2016 Youth Olympic Games
Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition, Munich