The World Forum for Ethics in Business is a registered public interest foundation (“fondation d’utilité publique” – N° 822.216.342) based in Belgium. The mandate of the Forum includes all manners of pursuing and establishing the indispensable ethical foundations of business in a globalised world. The World Forum for Ethics in Business holds a special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations.
- Provide a platform for the promotion and defense of ethical approaches to business enterprise and corporate governance;
- Facilitate global dialogue and foster cooperation among the private sector, the academic world, government agencies, international organisations, the media, spiritual as well as secular communities and all other stakeholders with the end in view of fostering decency, maximizing human values and building wider public trust in business;
- Recruit the broadest possible support for trends, initiatives and projects that would encourage or enhance ethical and/or spiritual motivations, practices, norms and goals in the business world.
- Assume responsibility for continuing the International Leadership Symposium on Ethics in Business
- Regularly convene the International Leadership Symposium on Ethics in Business as well as other pertinent public forums and conferences ;
- Organize meetings, trainings and workshops, including leadership seminars and summits, for the benefit of relevant stakeholders, such as the World Youth Forum for young leaders ;
- Undertake projects to raise awareness on the critical link between business and spirituality as well as human values ;
- Give public recognition and award prizes to outstanding individuals and companies for their exemplary work and service ;
- Raise funds and build resources in support of the mission and objectives of the foundation.
- Cooperate and work closely with the International Association for Human Values to realise common aims and objectives
The immediate priorities of the Forum are to:
- Increase global awareness of ethics In business
- Facilitate sharing of global best practices
- Enable and support leaders to act ethically
- Forge coalitions for collective action
Mr. Nirj Deva, Member of the European Parliament
Mr. Jules Goudsmit, CEO, Acropoles SA
Mr. Ram Lakhina, Founder and Executive President of The Netherlands India Chamber of Commerce and Trade (NICCT)
Ms. Erika Mann, Former Member of the European Parliament
Mr. Sanjay Pradhan, Vice-President, The World Bank
Mr. Madhu Rao, CEO, The Shangri-La Hotels
H.H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar,
Founder, International Association for Human Values
Partnering organisations are the International Association for Human Values , the World Bank Group and The Earth Charter Initiative.